First the complicated part. You can access this screen via Settings->TFM Player in your admin panel
- The original stylesheet is in the plugins/thefreemusician directory and is called ‘TFM_style.css’ You can customize this and then enter the name of your new stylesheet.
- By default AJAX is disabled (ie your music player stops when you change pages). To enable it type ‘true’ without the quotes in the ‘AJAX enabled’ box.
- When AJAX is enabled, the plugin will dynamically update the DOM element specified in ‘ID’. If you don’t know what that means, probably the default will work anyway so don’t worry! If it doesn’t then get in touch…
- Since often menus on wordpress sites need to be updated along with the page, TFM Player will also update the div that contains your menubar. You can enter it’s ID here. This means you can have active content like facebook feeds etc in your sidebar and they won’t be touched by the TFM plugin
- Here you can edit the html that displays as the player fades between pages.
- You can also edit the html for your play/stop and download buttons.
Simple: go to the artists tab, click ‘add new’, enter the name of the artist as the title (like you would a normal blog post) and enter in some details and a photo in the ‘Featured Image’ section.
3. Adding an Album
Simple again: go to the albums tab, click ‘add new’, enter the name at the top and add a photo to the ‘Featured Image’ section.
- ‘Order’ is the order the albums are to be displayed in. ‘1’ goes first.
- Select which artist (created earlier) the album is by.
- Decide whether you want to offer a download link
- Enter the file URL for the download link (you’ll need to put your mp3s on your server somewhere with FileZilla or FireFTP or something then enter in the url here)
Go to the ‘songs’ tab and click ‘add new’. Enter the song name at the top and a bunch of details/lyrics in the wordpress content editor.
- ‘Track’ denotes which track number this song is on the album
- Select which album you want to add this song to
- Enter the url of the mp3
- Decide whether you want to allow people to download this MP3.
5. Displaying your information in posts
TFM_getSong id=’post id of song you want to display’
– creates a play/pause button for this song
TFM_getAlbums artist=’name of artist’
– displays the albums by your chosen artist
– add header=’true’ to display artist header above albums
– displays the photos and bios of your artists
For the wordpress uninitiated:
To execute a shortcode [shortcodename parameter=”value”]
So for the first one shortcodename is TFM_getSong, parameter is id etc…